Friday, June 22, 2012

Good {will outlet} Friday #17 Inspired by Chic Wish

This is another post about cut off shorts.



I have been noticing orange cut offs everywhere, and I want some!  Of course, I set my mind to making a pair of my own.


I was inspired by his cute outfit from www.chicwish.com (well, I wasn't impressed with the embroidered doily shirt, but I love the shorts and purse together).   Everything I'm wearing, even the necklace and purse, was purchased at Goodwill Outlet Center for less that $5.  Isn't that amazing?  I'm pretty impressed with myself.




Images below from:



One day I stumbled across this really crazy pair of pleated sherbert colored 1990's beach pants. They are so horrible looking that I had to put them on and parade myself out into the hallway for a picture (you're welcome).  With a little work, I made them into cute tangerine colored cut offs.  They are so cute, I really couldn't be happier.





The gold beaded gray tank, purple string bikini top & purse are also from the outlet center.  I especially love purses with the fringe; it reminds me of something I would have taken to school when I dressed as Pocahontas for Halloween as a kid.  It also reminds me of my Aunt Jennifer because she loves fringe.  A few years ago, she said to me, "So I guess fringe is out of style, huh?"  I think we are both glad that its making a come back.  But I guess you should know that we are also both strange enough to wear fringe even when its not in style.



And now I want to tell you about this wonderful yummy looking citrus orange necklace.  The other day, I wandered into the Outlet Center to find an entire table filled with costume jewelry!  I filled a re-usable Meijer shopping bag to the brim - and the entire bag only cost about $3.50.  I can't believe my luck! Imagine all the things I can make with this stuff!  The necklace is actually two clasped together, and I've worn it almost every day this week.  One great thing about the Outlet Center is that you'll never know what you're going to find there!




*These amazing photos were taken by by Molly Heaven-Hoyle. Contact her at mheavenhoyle@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment