Friday, June 8, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #15 Summer Vacation

Every season, I find something new to fall in love with and obsess over and absolutely need more than anything. 



 This summer, all I could think about was finding a long maxi dresses in a cool, ocean blue with a geometric pattern.  Imagine how ridiculously excited I was to find the perfect dress - looking unworn and in my size at Goodwill Outlet Center!  This entire outfit (even the materials used to make the flower crown) was purchased at Goodwill Outlet Center for less that three dollars!
When I saw this dress, I immediately tried it on, right there over my clothes.  I completely love it.  I've seen so many similar dresses in magazines and stores and I really wanted one.

To give you an idea of how great this find was for me, here are a few similar dresses I've been wishing for:


So, I know that you're probably thinking "who wears shoes like that to walk around in the woods?"  The answer is: not me, ever again.  These awesome Rocket Dog platform sandals are so cute.  They are wonderful under long dresses, but only on sidewalks - never on wooded paths, and especially not wooded paths in secluded areas where no one can hear you cry and help you back to the car if you happen to sprain your ankle.

I happened to find this pair in almost perfect condition, but I see plenty of sandals in the blue bins that just need a little TLC to look beautiful and new again.


This bag is ideal for toting around all kinds of summer necessities (such as sunscreen, bug spray, or flat shoes).  Its made from embroidered fabric with warm summery reds, oranges, and browns, which I seem to be noticing in just about every store this summer. This isn't the first trendy purse I've seen like this at the outlet center.  Maybe you should stop by and browse the bins?

If you do happen to visit the Outlet Center, scoop up a skinny belt and some flowers for the summery flower crown tutorial from yesterday's post.
The necklace was also made from an Outlet Center chain belt and some embroidery thread, see the post here.















*These amazing photos were taken by by Molly Heaven-Hoyle. Contact her at mheavenhoyle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment