Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 15 ~ 30 Days of Nothing Challenge

Day 15

The half way point- finally!
This challenge is kicking my butt.  Honestly, I had no idea how time consuming and exhausting it is to make meals every day.  I can't imagine how much time I've dedicated to recipe searches and food prep this month.  Its crazy.  I'm seriously in awe of all the dedicated people out there that somehow manage to cook for an entire family every night - and have been doing so for years!  If you happen to be one of these people, know that you are incredible.  Really, you are.  And, if one of these amazing people have been cooking for you every night, go right now and kiss their feet.  They deserve it.
For Breakfast, we ate more blueberry strata with coffee and Lunch was leftover spaghetti and crescent rolls.


Snack
Last summer, my co-worker Mitch (you may remember his Jones Soda Project) and I made time for a 'smoke break' every morning.  It became our routine.  We didn't bring any cigarettes out with us, just Curious George fruit snacks and Pringles to eat while sitting in the sun.  This morning, he handed me a packet of fruit snacks and I was overjoyed to squeeze in one last 'smoke break' before the temperature drops.  In exchange, I gave him a 5 Hour Energy Drink from my locker.


Summer is quickly coming to an end, and I'm not dealing well with that.  I feel like I need to shove as many summer activities into the next few weeks as I can possibly manage.  With this in mind, I sweet talked my friends Molly and Stacey into lounging by the pool with me tonight. To our surprise, it happened to be 'Wine Down Wednesday.'  Hudsonville Winery brought an assortment of wines to the community pool for residents to sample for free.  I'm not a huge fan of wine.  Don't get me wrong, I really want to like it, but I'm a baby.  My alcoholic beverages need to taste like juice, or I have to gulp them down quickly, and nobody respects a girl that chugs her wine.  There's no class in that.

Fortunately, the Hudsonville wine happens to be very fruity - even I can drink it like a lady (if you can look past the plastic SOLO cups).  After working our way down the wine list, I decided the raspberry wine is my favorite.  We also found a table of snack foods.  Instant free Dinner!  Patrick dropped by after work and the five of us dined on cheeses, fruits, and wine while relaxing by the pool: ideal summer evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment