Friday, August 24, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #26 ~ Inspired by Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters sent out an email about this gorgeous yellow pin-tuck frock today.  I love it.



  I love anything yellow, but especially airy little dresses.  Now, you may have noticed that my ensemble is not exactly like the model's.  The leather sleeves and black choker aren't really my thing.  I guess my style is a bit less biker chick and more...bohemian?  I don't know exactly how to define it, but I do know that there's nothing edgy about a tye-dye dress with embroidered elephants marching across the front of it, so I'm going another route with this look.  Who knew yellow and denim complemented each other so well?  Its such a crisp, cheerful combination. But possibly more wonderful than the dress/jacket combination is the lock necklace.  Its hard to see in this little image, but she's wearing a lock and key on a long gold chain.  This is such a great idea! Why didn't I think of this on my own? My version of this outfit was purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center for less than five dollars.



Both the yellow dress and denim jacket were plucked from those blue bins.  My jacket is fitted with a mandarin collar and great asymmetrical details like the shoulder flap and zipper pocket.  Instead of a choker, I used one of the earrings from my big jewelry find and a leather cord to create a pendant necklace.   The gold toned metal and black stone have a heavy, dark feel, but a bit more feminine than the model's collar.  My lock necklace is just that: a lock and key on a long chain.  All pieces were collected from the Outlet Center and stashed with my art supplies until I found a new way to use them.  If you are interested in making your own lock necklace, keep your eyes peeled for a set.  Sometimes, people donate locks because they've lost the key.  The good news for you is that you don't need the correct key: just grab any old key and string them together.  No one will ever need to know.


All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

dress, Henna
denim jacket, Mossimo
necklaces, handmade by me












No comments:

Post a Comment